Keruing is a class 2 and 3 hardwood it is a very similar timber to Merbau. Our slats come sealed to stop the resin from protruding out from the timber and also have a topcoat of teak oil applied to give them a finished look. The screens are ready to be put up when purchased no further staining is needed initially, although it is recommended in 6-12 months time after the stain has faded.
- These Premium hardwood screens are constructed with backing supports that are either 65 X 10mm or 90 X 10mm and slats at the front, which are 12.5mm.
- There is a standard gap of 7mm in between slats.
- We will generally space our backing supports between 350-480mm apart. This will help prevent the timber from twisting when exposed to direct sunlight.
- As a construction method we use 18mm stainless steel screws (3 in each join for the 90mm slats and 2 in each join for the 65mm slats.
These screens are a perfect way to
- screen off any unsightly fences, water tanks, pool filters or sheds
- provide a more stylish alternative to traditional paling or colour bond fences
- provide your home with more privacy from neighbours and security from strangers
- screen around pools in a safe and secure manner
- screen off your front fence to give a more modern appearance
- screen in between brick pillars in your front or side fence
- create a side or front gate as they can be directly mounted onto a steel frame
- create a feature wall for your backyard